Friday, October 4, 2013

Spotlight: Haley Terry

1. Name: Haley Nicole Terry
2. Nick Names: Hayz, Hay (my parents call me that), Hale Yeah (my dj name if I was to become one)
3. Birthday: September 14th, 1991
4. Hometown: All over. Air Force Brat (New Mexico, Mississippi, Panama, California, Arizona, Utah, Texas)
5. Where you took your pre-requisites: BYU Provo. go cougars!!!!
6. Favorite Color: Blue
7. Favorite candy or dessert: ....all of them. Candy: Twix, Dessert: brownies
8. Favorite food: DESSERTS!!! I love sweets! I also really enjoy humus! (Separate from the desserts of course)
9. Married/single: single
10. How many siblings do you have/ where do you fall in place: 1 brother and 2 sisters. I am 2nd.
11. Favorite Hobbies: reading, taking pictures, writing, biking, rock climbing, hiking, rollerblading, bowling, mario kart, just dance, watching tv (once upon a time, Sherlock, the Voice, criminal minds, walking dead, too cute puppies, Phineas and ferb), swimming, ice skating
12. Favorite Movie: Megamind, Sherlock Holmes, The Blindside and all 8 Harry Potters
13. Favorite Book: The Infernal Devices Series (most specifically Clockwork Prince)
14. Your hero/ someone who has impacted your life: One of the greatest influences in my life has been one of my best friends/old roommates Kelly Cadogan. She always saw more in me than I could see in myself. She pushed me to leave my comfort zone and reach for higher goals. It is because of her that I obtained the confidence to pursue a career in dental hygiene. I am really grateful for that because it has lead me here. I am where I need to be.
15. An embarrassing story about you: when I was a freshman at BYU my roommate and I thought we were alone by the student athlete building. I don't remember why but we started walking and moaning like zombies. Before we knew it we heard laughing and looked up to see the BYU football coach, Coach Mendenhall, who had turned the corner without us noticing.
16. Favorite super hero and why: DC- Batman! Because he is a ninja and could be/is awesome even without all the gear. He is legit.  Marvel- Ironman! Who doesn't love tony stark. He is hilarious and knows he is awesome. Can make a joke out of everything.
17. Dream place to travel: varies. Italy and England have always been at the top of that list, but most recently my dream is to go backpacking along the coast of Wales.
18. Any hidden talents: I am actually pretty good at almost any Nintendo game
19. What is your greatest fear: being alone/friendless
20. What accomplishment are you most proud of: getting into BYU and UCDH.
21. When you were a kid what did you want to be: when I was younger I had two life goals. First, I wanted to be an author. Second, I wanted to be a dog trainer.
22. Favorite Holiday: Christmas!! I get to see my whole family! :) and I love Christmas music!! (I wait until thanksgiving is over and gone though)
23. Favorite animal: Dogs!!!! Also hedgehogs.
24. Favorite season: Fall! I love watching the leaves change and wearing jackets/hoodies
25. Any pet peeves: loud chewing. Eww
26. Favorite Music: pop, alternative, some country. I love Kelly Clarkson, Imagine Dragons, Daughtry, Train, the Script, Taylor Swift and ...One Direction
27. Do you have any pets: not anymore. I had some hamsters as a kid, a turtle, a hamster named Beni for two years during my BYU years and a Yellow Labrador Retriever/Shepard mix named Jewel I got when I was ten. She died a week before ucdh started, two days before I left home. She was 16. I miss her a lot.
28. Favorite quote: You can let your smile change people, but don't let people change your smile.
29. Favorite age and why: 20, I felt very independent and I was loving my classes at BYU. Also I had the best roommates that year and made some of my best friends! We had a lot of fun times.
30. Any other interesting things that weren’t asked that we should know: I collect pins. I get a pin whenever I move somewhere new, go on vacation, or want to remember an event. I have over 70 different pins that each mean something/represent something to me. I have never been kissed. I love the Phoenix Arizona area.




1 comment:

  1. How fun! It's always nice to get to know our class with these spotlights. I feel like we sometimes have barely time to talk to one another!

    ReplyDelete